Ghost Walk Guide
Time Frame: October 2019
Hours: 1 to 3 tours per week; approximately 2 hours each tour evening
Wage: $40 per evening.
As a costumed educator for our Ghost Walk evening program, you’ll tell ghost stories, shipwreck tales, and local lore to groups of all ages. Some of the topics include ghosts, witches, unusual phenomena, and eerie tales. Our museum and the stories we tell are at the very heart of the boardwalk in Virginia Beach. We are looking for enthusiastic and engaging storytellers who can deliver positive program experiences for our visitors from near and far. Content training and costume will be provided.
Successful Applicants Will Be:
- Interested in local history and folklore
- Comfortable talking about ghosts, pirates, witches, and other unusual phenomena
- Able to work with diverse audiences
- Willing to wear the educator uniform (1920’s style)
- Able to maintain professional communication with the Education Director
- 18 years of age or older, with a high school diploma or equivalent
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills
- Prior experience in the history, tourism, public speaking, or acting field
- The ability to learn and relate historical information
- A commitment to visitor engagement
- Flexibility and creativity in adapting tours to visitor interest
- Experience developing and leading guided tours
How to Apply:
Please send a thoughtful email with attached resume and three professional references to William Hazel, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be conducted soon with a tour schedule beginning in October of 2019.