Internship | Summer 2018 | Unpaid | Posted: 19 February 2018 | Closes: 15 March 2018
This internship is an opportunity to gain experience generating written content for a small nonprofit. The intern will work directly with full time staff, but will have the opportunity to work independently and manage projects. The intern’s projects will directly impact the organization’s ability to reach and connect with a variety of audiences. Applicants should have an interest or background in journalism, marketing, communications, public relations, or other related fields.
- Generate press releases for upcoming events and programs
- Write blog posts about a variety of topics, both modern and historical
- Produce content for newsletters, emails, and other marketing materials
- Make writing and editorial contributions to larger museum publishing projects
- Develop and implement new ways to engage our audiences with written content
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a creative thinker, not afraid to offer up ideas for new ways to reach our audience
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Be self-motivated and well organized
- Be able to work well independently
The successful candidate will provide writing samples.