Who can become a Teen Volunteer?
- High school students in Hampton Roads ages 15-18.
What do Teen Volunteers do?
- Welcome and interact with visitors of all ages
- Lead learning activities at Education Stations
- Answer visitor questions about the museum and Virginia Beach
- Help visitors take photos and use in-gallery technology
- Brainstorm ways to make the museum more teen friendly
Do I need to be interested in history?
- No! Your job will be to help visitors have a fun and positive experience at the museum – not give lectures. It’s much more important that you’re mature, outgoing, and comfortable interacting with new people from all walks of life.
Why become a Teen Volunteer?
- Build your resume for scholarships, college applications, and future employment
- Improve your customer service and communication skills
- Meet new people from across the country
- Develop your self-confidence and leadership abilities
- Gain insight into potential careers and interests
What’s the time commitment?
- The Teen Volunteer Program is 9 weeks long. It begins with mandatory training sessions June 19-21. Then you’ll schedule 2 volunteer shifts (3 hours each) per week for the next 8 weeks.
Why Volunteer at VBSRM?
Applications for Summer 2018 are due April 15th.
Have a question you can’t find the answer to? Email us before you apply.